HISTORY of BTS

Back to Article
Back to Article

HISTORY of BTS

Are you ready to become an ultimate ARMY? This boy band group named BTS is a very famous Kpop group.This band consists of 7 members.The oldest member of the group and one of its four vocalists, Jin was discovered on the street while studying film at Konkuk University and invited to audition for Big Hit Entertainment. He loves to cook, can play the guitar and is the king of dad jokes. Jin also co-produced his Wings solo track, “Awake.” The BTS “leader” was working on his skills as an underground rapper before BTS was founded, and was the first member to be selected for the group. He’s known for putting his creative spin on songs, and has worked with several hip-hop and indie artists, like Primary, Don Mills, Gaeko, MFBTY and Wale. His name is Rap Monster. Rap Monster usually does most of the talking in BTS’ English-language interviews, after teaching himself Engliish-language interviews, after teaching himself English while watching Friends.Like Rap Monster, Suga had a career as an underground rapper in Daegu before joining BTS, but his talents go far beyond just spitting rhymes. The 24-year-old likes songwriting, producing and playing the piano, and released a solo mix-tape, Agust D, last year.J-Hope was part of a street dance team named Neuron before joining BTS, and is known for his impressive dance abilities and upbeat personality. He chose his stage name because he wanted to be a source of hope and light for fans. In 2008, J-Hope won a national dance competition in South Korea, but has proven that he can also rap. V is known as a surprise member of BTS, as the rest of the band was known to the public before its 2013 debut. Though V grew up in a family of farmers, he’s embraced his artistic path. He’s a big fan of art and photography, and recently began acting in the Korean drama Hwarang. The second youngest member would be Jimin,Par Jimin.He was born on October 13, 1995 in Geumjeong District, Busan, South Korea. His immediate family includes mother, father, and a younger brother. When he was a child, he attended Busan’s Hodong Elementary School and Yonsan Middle School.During middle school, he attended Just Dance Academy and learned popping and locking dance.Prior to becoming a trainee, Jimin studied contemporary dance at Busan High School of Arts and was a top student in the modern dance department.After a teacher suggested he audition with an entertainment company, it led him to Big Hit Entertainment. Once he passed the auditions in 2012, he transferred to Korean Arts High School, graduating in 2014. Jungkook the youngest member was just 15 years old when BTS debuted, and started high school a year late to focus on the band . Though he’s the youngest member of the group, Jungkook was one of the most in-demand singers after auditioning for South Korean talent show Superstar K, and eventually chose to sign with Big Hit Entertainment. He’s known for both his singing and dancing, and loves gaming in his free time.BTS evolved their identity, channeling different themes throughout their music, through eras like School Luv Affair, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life and Wings. In just four years, the band has completed three world tours, released four studio albums and five EPs, gaining millions of fans across the world — though it was their 2017 Billboard Awards win for Top Social Artist that marked the start of their breakthrough in the U.S. BTS connected with a devoted fan base and set themselves apart from the K-pop industrial machine when they debuted in 2013 with the first installment of their “School Trilogy” series, 2 Cool 4 Skool. A few months later, they released the second EP of the saga, O!RUL8,2? The trilogy was completed with Skool Luv Affair, which was released around Valentine’s Day in 2014.Later that year, BTS released their full-length debut album, Dark & Wild, featuring the single “Danger.” As their fan base grew and international tours sold out, they released The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt. 1 in April 2015 and the follow-up, Pt. 2, some months later in November. They embarked on a massive world tour as The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt. 2 topped a record-setting six international music charts, including Billboard’s World Albums chart. After four weeks, they set a record as the first K-pop act to achieve such a feat.The group continued to break records with the release of their sophomore LP, Wings. Released in late 2016, Wings not only became the first BTS effort to debut atop both the Korean album and song charts, but they were the third K-pop act to land in the Canadian Hot 100. However, the album’s impact was most apparent on the Billboard charts. The best showing to date for a K-pop act, Wings debuted in the Top 30 of the Billboard 200 — both their highest U.S. chart debut and most sales to date — becoming the first K-pop artists with three albums to enter the main album charts (Wings became their sixth Top Three hit — and second number one — on the World Albums chart). They also became the first K-pop act to spend four weeks on the charts. Wings continued the artistic and creative growth for the septet, featuring seven solo tracks that showcased the personality of each member. Four months later, BTS re-released the album as You Never Walk Alone. With their presence in the United States continuing to expand, the group went on to win the Top Social Artist Award at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards. Their fifth EP, Love Yourself: Her, arrived that September and became the first K-pop album to debut in the Billboard 200’s Top Ten, entering the chart at number seven.In early 2018, BTS received their first double-platinum certifications in Japan and became the first Korean act to receive two gold certifications in the U.S.  The set — which included just two previously unreleased songs — debuted just outside the Top 40 on the Billboard 200. The next month, BTS released their third official full-length, Love Yourself: Tear, which included the single “Fake Love.” Days later, they returned to the Billboard Music Awards, performing and winning Top Social Artist for the second year in a row. Their Billboard success continued when Love Yourself: Tear soared to the top of the Billboard 200, becoming the first foreign-language chart-topper on the U.S. chart in over a decade. BTS repeated the feat that summer with the conclusion to the trilogy, Love Yourself: Answer. The chart-topping compilation featured a handful of new tracks, including lead single “Idol,” packaged with previously released songs from Her and Tear, as well as some remixes and a Nicki Minaj-assisted version of “Idol.”