Women’s Rights

Ximena Salazar, Reporter

Hey you, did you know that many women are seen as weak in our society.Little do people know that women can also work as hard and be as smart as men, or maybe even smarter.We are all influenced by gender. Gender rules tell us what is appropriate for girls and for boys, women and men to do in our society. Because of gender stereotypes, girls and women are often less valued and have lower social status.Many people believe that women are only there to make men happy.Women are worth much more than that.There are many women around the world that work 10x harder than men.Single mothers for example.Many women around the world are single moms which makes it harder for them to take care of their children. Yet, they still manage to do so.Girls and women suffer most of the negative impact of gender norms and roles.They are more likely to experience restrictions of their freedom and mobility. They experience large levels of violence. And they also have to face harassment across the globe and have fewer opportunities to choose how to live their lives.Women have certain expectations as to how they are supposed to look.Women are expected to have perfect bodies.They are mostly imagined as perfect.To a lot of people this all may sound ridiculous but, hey, it’s true.Even though we have made huge strides against it here in America it is still devastating throughout the world.Many people do not realize that women’s rights issues still exist in all countries. These rights can be anything from receiving lower salaries for the same amount of work to social injustices for women. In some countries just being able to survive after conception is a right that still needs to be addressed. If a girl gender  faces discrimination throughout her lifetime she might fall into depression.I say this because she might then develop self-doubt causing her to see herself as unworthy.Everyone realizes that countries where women are poor will rate low on this scale. African and the Middle East countries are rated among the worst in the measure of women’s rights. But you will need to decide for yourself which types of women’s rights you think are the most important. These measurements take all issues such as education, availability to child care and jobs and career in their mix of data.The world has recently uncovered many of the countries where women are still struggling to become equal with their male counterparts. Now that the injustices of some countries are out in the open, hopefully they can be solved. Traditions and racial laws are hard to change, but with knowledge and hard work it can be possible.All we need to make this possible would be to get all the women around the world to express how they really feel about being discriminated.Having to write about discrimination against women is a really hard thing to do for me as a women.Well,Im not a grown women but that is the path that I’m heading to.I do not want to grow up in a society where I am seen as weak just because I’m a woman.Just like men are smart and hardworking I can be like that to.Many single mothers around the world are perfect examples of being hard working and persevering.One great example of a woman activist or a woman who stood up for what she believed was right would be Malala Yousafzai. She was an activist who fought against the law that forbid young girls from getting an education or even going to school.She decided to go against the law so a 23-year-old Atta Ullah Khan, a graduate student in chemistry, was the gunman in the attack. Luckily, she was able to heal and she kept fighting for her rights as a woman.I hope that this article gives women out there the strength to fight for what they believe is right.For all the women out there don’t ever let anyone tell you that you can’t do anything because you guys are capable of doing anything.You are not worth less than a man because everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes.Be what you want to be no matter what anyone tells you.Your life is yours and nobody else’s so live it the way you want.